Frequently Asked Questions

Should you have any questions or wish to order one of our products without going through the on-line order process please do not hesitate to contact us on 01283 576080.

Positioning your airer

What are the overall widths of the ceiling airers?

• What is the width of The Six?

This is a generous 57cm wide. This top selling ceiling airer in its most popular length of 2m, gives 12m of indoor hanging space – longer than many washing lines!

• What is the width of The Popular?

This is only 36cm wide. This space saving drying rack has a low profile so when fully retracted takes up only 8 inches (20cm) of space in the ceiling void.

• What is the width of The Clothesmaid?

This is 39cm wide and our top of the range airer. Its traditional Victorian design comes in a choice of black or white with matching cast iron pulleys, cleat hook and 10m of high quality cotton sash cord. Everything you need including fixings to get your hanging airer system operating and drying clothes in no time!

What optional accessories might I require with my airer?

• When do I need an extra double pulley?

When you are positioning your airer in a larger room away from the wall. The extra pulley will keep the rope close to the ceiling and provide a good angle down the wall to the cleat. Please see diagrams on Assembly which illustrates this.

• Why would I need a 15m cord?

This is useful when you are positioning the clothes airer away from the wall or if you have high ceilings. In this case it’s advisable to buy an additional double pulley. See diagram on assembly instructions.

• How do rubber grippers help?

These prevent your wooden slats from sliding. Available in black only. See our Spares/Accessories page.

• Why are hanging hooks useful?

These are popular for hanging small clothing items and for drying items such as herbs and flowers. Some of our customers buy a small airer to hang kitchen utensils using the hanging hooks. They also come as standard with our Pot Shelf for hanging kitchen utensils.

Wooden airer slats

General

Why buy from Clothesmaid?

• Why should I buy a ceiling airer from Clothesmaid?

Clothesmaid are meticulous about quality sourcing our materials from long established companies. There are cheaper ones on the market but ask them if they are providing FSC certified Grade 1 Scandinavian Pine for the slats, British made quality cords and solid cast iron fittings that are powdered coated for durability?

“It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money – that’s all.

When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do.

The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot – it can’t be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Do you charge for delivery?

Clothesmaid charge a very competitive rate for delivery given the size of our products. If the order value is over £175 then we do provide free delivery within Mainland UK, excluding Highlands. Some competitors offer free delivery on everything but there is no such thing so you will be paying for it one way or another!

Didn't find the answer?

We hope that we have covered the questions that are frequently asked but if have any other queries then please feel free to call us on 01283 576080 or email sales@clothesmaid.com.